With the Mammut Nordwand Light Mid GTX® Men, Mammut has developed the lightest fully crampon-compatible boot in the Mammut range. A large elastic zone in the tongue and entry area come together with the elastic lining and outer fabric to provide increased comfort. The tried-and-tested Mammut Base Fit 2.0® technology with doubled heel straps prevents pressure points. At the heart of the innovative masterpiece is a patented insole with a carbon midsole. As well as making the Nordwand Light Mid GTX® Men extremely light, it also allows extreme precision and a sure-footed step. What’s more, for the first time and exclusively for Mammut, MICHELIN® Technical Soles has developed a mountaineering sole. The MICHELIN® Alpine Lite 3970 sole transfers the rubber specialists’ tire expertise to high alpine terrain. It is up to 40% lighter than conventional soles, features a larger climbing zone for better grip on side approaches and a clearly defined lug tread, making it ideal for use in high alpine terrain, in winter and on mixed tours.
Mammut Nordwand Light Mid GTX Features:
- Base Fit 2.0®: Doubled heel straps ensure excellent heel support and blister prevention.
- Easy Entry System: Easy to put on and take off shoe. Can be operating while wearing thick gloves.
- Insulated Carbon Innersole®: Patented, double-insulated carbon insole allows maximum weight reduction while providing rigidity and excellent insulation
- 2 Zone Lacing: Individual 2-zone lacing. Can be adjusted to person and situation
- Memo Foam: The high-quality three-dimensional, infinitely adjustable memo foam cushioning provides an individual fit around the heel. This ensures a high level of comfort, maximum heel support and blister prevention.
- Feet Map: Lining and padding system takes account of the different areas of the foot to ensure less perspiration, less cold and prevention of pressure points.
- Raised rubber rand
- Easy resoling
- Board lasting
- B3 Fully crampon-compatible
- Last index: mountaineering
- Flex index: B3
- Lace system: 2 Zone
- Insulation (EN ISO 20334): -25 °C
- Crampon-compatible: Fully crampon-compatible
- Material: Stretch fabric | WB-400 | schoeller® Soft Shell
- Soles: Michelin® Alpine Lite 3970 | Light PU wedge | Insulated carbon insole
- Lining: GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear