2020 Scarpa Maestrale RS Boot - Men
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
A stiffer and more powerful version of the best-selling Maestrale, the redesigned Scarpa Maestrale RS elevates the intersection of freeride performance and backcountry functionality. The re-imagined ski/walk mechanism and buckle system, and an innovative Grilamid® shell that's infused with carbon fibers adds rigidity without adding weight. The Axial Alpine EVO construction system used by Scarpa marks a standard in the alpine touring boots, studied to be the best in terms of lightness and comfort. Working together with the Evo Tongue, the system guarantees the best performance.
Scarpa Maestrale RS Boots Features:
- Speed Lock Plus: The ski/walk mechanism is easy to unlock and lock, thanks to the spring that improves the functionality of the lever. The system is enhanced by the Friction Free technology, in fact there isn’t any connecting rod between the shell and cuff, this allows a “friction free” movement during the walking phase.
- Web Frame Carbon Design: Specific sunburst design on the heel area that alternates different thicknesses of the shell’s walls. This design offers enough support in the key area of the boot – where the forces are stronger – while saving weight where the thickness is not crucial.
- Ventilation areas on the cuff, laminated with OUTDRY® technology. This combination of design and layers (metallic net + PU film + light jersey) allows the air to circulate while keeping the liner dry at all times.
- Bi-Injection Shell: SCARPA® introduces this new technology thanks to the bi-injection of these high performance materials: CARBON GRILAMID LFT® and GRILAMID®. This helps to create a shell that offers incredible performance: stiffness and high torsional rigidity up to the toe area, thanks to the design of the two injected parts.
- New Thor Buckle: This new buckle is constructed in magnesium alloy that is both strong and light. Its essential design offers an easy handling while wearing gloves.
- Thanks to the Heel Retention System and instep straps, the heel security has become a SCARPA’s trademark. The closing band of the instep is equipped with a toothing, which allows a dedicated micrometric adjustment. The buckle adopts a cam that keeps always its position during walking phase. Every tooth of the strap means a 4mm adjustment.
- The Wave is a new closure system made exclusively for SCARPA®. It offers the best closure customisation on the forefoot area with its micro-regulation buckle and three teeth positions on the rack. The steel cable follows a wavy path, connecting the instep and forefoot area. It works together with the buckle to improve the distribution of the closing pressure on the shell, increasing the downhill performance.
- Weight: 1410g (1/2 pair size 27)
- Liner: Intuition® Cross Fit Pro Flex G
- Last: 101mm
- Outsole: Vibram® Cayman PRO (ISO 9523)
- Shell: Carbon Grilamid® LFT
- Cuff: Grilamid®
- Tongue: Pebax®
- Flex: 125
- Forward Lean: 16˚ +/- 2˚
- Range of Motion: 60˚
- Ski/Walk Mode: Speedlock Plus
- Closure: 3 Buckles + Finger Strap
- Binding System: TLT, AT
How to choose a Backcountry Boot:
|Size:||26, 27, 28, 29, 30|
|Number of Buckles:||3 + power strap|
|Last Width:||101 mm|
|Binding Compatibility:||Tech and Walk-to-Ride|
|Good for:||All-Mountain, Off-piste and Backcountry|