Lightweight, wide and strong, Atomic Backland 98 W is one of the most versatile freeride touring skis in the Backland collection and capable of performing in the widest range of snow conditions and in any terrain. Built specifically for women drawn to the allure of alpine touring and weight optimized for easy ascending, the Ultra Light Woodcore construction and widebody design offers the perfect combination of lightweight touring capabilities and freeride performance. A Carbon Backbone runs the length of the ski like a backbone, providing exceptional agility and solid edge grip on descents. Intuitive and easy to handle, the revolutionary HRZN Tech in the tip allows the ski to bust through even the most challenging snow conditions.
Atomic Backland 98 W Features:
- HRZN Tech Tip: A broad, beveled tip with 10% more surface area for floatation and decreased tip deflection in chop.
- Ultralight Woodcore: The poplar and Caruba woodcore create a balance of low weight and optimum performance.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass layers create a ski that is smooth and stable while remaining lightweight and dynamic.
- Dura Cap Sidewall: Sidewall from base to top sheet for great edge grip, with a rounded shape for increased durability.