Slide on the Flylow Lucy Jacket and you won’t want to take it off: It’s that comfortable. Ready for a day in the backcountry or spinning the lifts at the resort, this jacket has the stretchy, buttery feel of softshell and the stormproof properties of a tough hardshell, a recycled fabric known as Tactic 3L. Better yet, it has technical features and high-performance qualities, but it doesn’t look overly techy—because you don’t always want your kit to scream “I just climbed a mountain!” (Even if you just did.)
50/50 in-bounds and outbounds: Conditions dependent, you split your time pretty evenly between the ski resort and the backcountry, which means you need gear that's tough and waterproof enough for the pounding of tram laps and storm skiing inbounds but won't sweat out on a climb on those days you decide to earn your turns. Here, we opt for fabrics and features that do double duty, like jacket powder skirts you can zip out or bib pants made for versatile pursuits.
Flylow Lucy Jacket Features:
- Tactic 3L Softshell: Nobody wants a fabric that’s so stiff and unbending that you can’t bootpack up a couloir in thigh-deep snow or bend over to buckle your boots. The Tactic 3L by Intuitive is a stretchy, supple 100-Denier softshell that moves with you on the mountain. Think ultra-waterproof but with pliable mobility for high-output activities. A jersey backing keeps it soft and warm.
- Surface 2L and 3L : Do this for a minute: Put on your ski jacket or pants and go step in the shower. If you’re wearing a Flylow piece made with Surface 2-layer or 3-layer hardshell fabric by Intuitive, you’ll watch the water bead up on the surface and slide right off. This burly, 150-Denier oxford weave, coated with a Durable Water Repellent, is designed to keep you warm and dry and have a tough but smooth feel. A nylon tricot on the backing protects the membrane and wicks moisture away from your body.
- DWR High Performance: We dare you to go stand in a shower or the next rainstorm with your favorite Flylow jacket on. See how the water molecules roll off the shell fabric? That’s due to our high-performance Durable Water Repellent, a polymer coating added to fabric that makes it hydrophobic, meaning moisture beads up and rolls off, like marbles on glass.
- Bluesign Certified: We work with the best partners in the textile industry to ensure our products and materials meet the highest safety and environmental standards. From bluesign®-approved supply chains to products tested and approved by Oeko-Tex for consumer safety to Durable Water Repellents made without PFCs,we are certifying our supply chain and retaining all supply chain certificates for full transparency and to ensure that we use materials that align with our goal of making the least impact possible on the environment.
- 100% Recycled: Without compromising performance, this product is now made from fabrics spun from repurposed plastics, saving waste from the landfill while keeping you warm and dry. 100% of the polyester in this product is recycled fabric.
- 20k/20k waterproof breathable membrane
- Fully seam taped
- Helmet-compatible hood
- 3 exterior pockets, 1 inner pocket w/ media port
- Removable powder skirt
- Sleeve pass pocket
- 12-inch pit zips
- No bulk cuffs
- Adjustable waist
- YKK waterproof zippers
- Average weight: 552g