The Ice Rock RAY Ultralight Avalanche Shovel is designed for rescue missions, building snow walls around tents, digging snow caves, testing snow surface. It is the first shovel with adjustable aggressiveness of the front edge.
Avalanche shovel is a mandatory piece of equipment when ski touring, and with its ultralight composition and compact size, it won't make a big difference in your pack. The RAY Ultralight meets requirements of ISMF (International Ski Mountaineering Federation) and different competitions (for example, La Patrouille des Glaciers (PDG) in Switzerland).
Ice Rock Ray Avalanche Shovel Features:
- compact size
- ultralight weight (the lightest in its class)
- composite hybrid (75% carbon + 25% flax, approx.) micro-sandwich combines mechanical benefits of carbon
- with added advantages of reduced weight and environmental effect of flax
- Carbon-fibre shaft has low thermal conductivity, so it negates heat loss of the user’s hand
- the scoop has a titanium blade which can be sharpened when required
- Field of application: ski touring, ski-alpinism, freeride, mountaineering
- Weight: 235g
- Scoop size, cm - 25cm x 21cm x 4cm
- Overall length: 55 cm
- Disassembled handle length: 37 cm
- Scoop/handle material:carbon-fiber
- Blade material: titanium