The Tecnica Sulfur is a fast-moving technical approach shoe with a precise fit that delivers climbing precision and grip in technical terrain combined with high level of comfort and walkability all day long. The durable 1.5 mm suede leather upper is built and shaped around a specific anatomical last to deliver a precise, wrapping fit. As a result, the shoe fits like a glove around the foot. The midsole is designed with two different density areas to combine greater cushioning and smoother heel-to-toe transition while walking and torsional rigidity while climbing. This is enhanced by the TPU Edge Frame technology plate inserted at the core of the shoe that delivers support and flexibility exactly where you need. Its Vibram® Megagrip™ compound sole has a multi-directional lug pattern that readily adapts to different terrain and changing conditions, while the flat climbing zone at the toe and the rubber arch grip improve edging power and climbing precision on slabs, ledges and edges.
Tecnica Sulfur LT Approach Shoe Features:
- Arch Grip: At the center of the Vibram® outsole, under the arch of the foot is the rubber arch grip. It delivers additional technical performance to the shoe. The specific shape of its ‘teeth’ ensures better grip on slippery ridges and raised edges, as well as via ferrata rungs and ladders.
- Balanced Cushion: The midsole is specifically designed with two different densities. At the heel, it uses a softer EVA compound – to provide greater cushioning and ground adaptability. This guarantees optimal comfort when walking.
- Great fit out of the box: The Sulfur upper is built and shaped around a specific anatomical last that delivers a precise, wrapping fit. As a result, the shoe fits like a glove around the foot. Its excellent forefoot and heel retention provide solid support for high performance in even the most technical terrain.
- Climbing grip: The Vibram® Megagrip™ outsole offers unparalleled grip on both dry and wet surfaces. This compound is best-in-class for durability and ground adaptation. The multi-directional lug pattern is ready to take on different terrains and changing conditions.
- Climbing Zone: At the toe, the Sulfur outsole has a flat climbing zone. This dedicated climbing-specific feature gives advanced precision, toe and edging power on slabs, ledges and edges, making it the perfect choice for steeper walls.
- Lightweight Rubber Rand: At the toes and lateral and medial side of the foot, a lightweight rubber rand provides additional protection and abrasion resistance from boulders, rocks and scree.
- Back Loop: The Sulfur features a robust backloop that helps to pull on your shoes. It also enables quick and secure attachment at the back of your harness.