- 3D Radius Sidecut: Three radii in one ski for maximum turning & speed versatility in all mountain skiing: R1=Tall Radius / R2=Center-Main Radius / R3=Tip Radius
- ROCKER: Tip & Tail Rocker
- CORE: Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore, Poplar/Beech
- TITANIAL FRAME: Provides power on the edge, strength for the mounting platform, and damping over the full length of the ski.
- FULL LENGTH SIDEWALL: Direct and strong power transmission with full length sidewalls.
- SUSPENSION TIPS AND TAIL: Inserts made of elastic TPU material on the edges of the tip and tail which act like a bumper in wind-blown or tracked snow. Its shock-absorbing elasticity ensures better stability and catch-free float.
- BASE: P-Tex 2100
- RECOMMENDED BINDING
- Marker Jester 120
- Griffon 120
- Kingpin; 100-125 mm
- SKIING LEVEL: Advanced, Professional
- USE: Lively, lightweight ski with easy all-day handling in a wide variety of snow conditions. For riders who constantly look for alternative terrain, either adjacent to the groomers or adjacent to the resort.
The concept of the Volkl Blaze 106 ski targets the intuitive freerider who appreciates a playful and at the same time agile and sportive maneouverability. At 106 mm under the binding Blaze 106 weighs only 1720 g (@ 172 length), providing all the lift to make every powder day a dream come true.
A just 0.3 mm thick Titanal binding plattform provides direct power transfer and a fast pressure built-up from one edge to another. This gives the ski a most direct response right from the turn initiation. In order to preserve the full flexibility and agility there is intentionally no Titanal included in the tip and the tail. Especially in narrow and rough terrain you will directly benefit from the ski's faster and more direct reaction and with less effort required. The 3D radius sidecut significantly enhances the ski's liveliniess and maneouverability. The Blaze construction targets the short turn-oriented skier but the 3D radius together with the tip to tail Hybrid Multilayer woodcore adapts to basically every riding style.
A great new feature is the Suspension Tip which makes its debut in the Blaze series. This elastic rubbery material on the edges of the tip and the tail acts like a bumper everytime the ski gets in contact with the snow in wind-blown or tracked conditions. The shock-absorbing elasticity ensures not only the resistance but also provides great lift off-piste.
Völkl also offers Smart Glue adhesive skins tailor-made for each Blaze model.