- Construction: Sandwich Compound Partial Sidewall (Carbon), Carbon Drive Technology 3.0 with carbon reinforcements
- Core + Key Materials: Pawlonia
- Rocker: Rocker-Camber-Rocker
The Blizzard Zero G 95 was the ski of choice for ski mountaineers Hilaree Nelson and Jim Morrison to conquer their epic, first descent on the world’s highest, biggest line—the Lhotse Couloir on 27,940-foot Lhotse peak in Nepal’s Himalayas. The Zero G 95 gave them the performance they needed to get down safely—not to mention the high-altitude pow turns they scored! An ultra-lightweight paulownia wood core paired with updated iteration of Blizzard’s proven Carbon Drive technology in version 3.0 provides for efficiency on the skin track and a more consistent, stable feel on the descent. Your backcountry adventure may be closer to home, but you can still reap the benefits of Austrian engineering that delivers the best downhill performance for the weight.
Blizzard Zero G 95 W Features:
- Carbon Drive 3.0 : A technology upgrade of the Carbon Drive 2.0 technology: a full length 3D shaped unidirectional carbon fiber chassis running through the entire length of the ski, combined with an ultra-light pawlonia woodcore (Zero G 85, 95) or ISO/BEECH/POPPLAR core (Zero G 105): this combination guarantees a super lite construction keeping the necessary structure for performance. Ensures optimal torsional rigidity and flex, placing the carbon in those area where it is really needed.
- Carbon Reinforcements: The carbon reinforcements are two edge-to-edge layers of bi-direction carbon fiber placed in the binding mounting areas, in order to provide improved edge grip and enhanced power transmission.