The Cassin X-Dream Ice Axe can easily be switched between Dry and Ice positions with a quick turn of the Allen bolt above the grip. It changes the angle of the handle in relation to the angle of the pick for more or less aggressive swing.
The Dry position allow for a more down and out pull because the handle is brought upward. Compared to the Ice Pick, the Dry pick has a more aggressive downward curve at the tip. When you switch you handle in Ice position, your swing will feel more natural in that the handle is dropping downward. The Ice pick, with its flatter beak is made for vertical ice.
Both the Ice and Dry picks come with the same angle providing optimal performance no matter the angle you are working on. With the Cassin X-Dream Ice Axe, a quick turn of the allen bolt above the grip allows the tool to be switched between Dry and Ice positions by changing the angle of the handle in relation to the angle of the pick. They are designed to provide solid sticks with minimal penetration making them the perfect choice for brittle ice and technical mixed terrain.
Climbers can further refine their Cassin X-Dream with the micro-adjustable trigger finger ledge (choose from two inserts that can be flipped over to adjust the position). T-rated Shaft. B-rated Pick.
Cassin X-Dream Ice Axe Features:
- Hyperlight, perfectly balanced, fully featured tool for technical dry, mixed and ice climbing
- Ergonomic handle with patented adjustment system to change between Dry and Ice angles
- The handle is constructed from extreme cold resistant polymer laid over the hot-forged aluminum alloy spine
- 3 different picks (Mixte supplied as standard, Ice and Race can be purchased separately) provide further refinement for different styles of climbing
- Micro-adjustable trigger finger ledges and X-Rest insert adjust the overall height and size of the handle
- X-Trigger pommel attaches to the shaft for a third ledge
- X-Grip 2 included
- Weight: 600g
- Shaft: 2.5 mm 7075 Alu
- Pick: Chromoly
- Rated T