The DMM Dragon cams use a single stem with hot forged cams mounted on a dual axle - this gives a better range than single-axle designs, but DMM have kept Ray Jardine's original 13.75° constant camming angle that maximizes holding power. Extendable, double Dyneema sling saves on quickdraws and reduces the weight of your rack even further.
The DMM Dragon cams use relatively strong springs - this means the units feel slightly harder to retract, but the advantages are worth it: they will sit more securely in placements, they will have improved resistance to being pulled out of low friction placements and they will walk less. The thumb termination uses an aluminum forging that is massively strong, resistant to abuse and crucially allows use of an extendable sling.
The stem uses 5.5mm stainless steel wire cover in a hydrolyzed nylon sleeve. The nylon sleeve rotates freely to reduce abrasion damage and gives the units really good flexibility throughout 360°. In addition, DMM have used very short terminations that increase flexibility. Thus when the cams are placed in shallow vertical or horizontal cracks the units are less likely to be levered out of the placement. The trigger bar is made from the same material and is very positive in use, with sufficient relief to offer grip to the sweatiest of fingers.
DMM Dragon Cams Features:
- A lightweight single stem cam with dual axles with a greater expansion range than single axle designs, allowing them to fit a greater range of crack sizes, meaning you can carry fewer units to protect the same range of cracks.
- Special thumb grip and trigger bar for easy handling: A hot forged thumb press gives quick placement and retrieval, and stable handling. The thumb press allows cams to have an extendable sling without sacrificing strength
- Dragon cams from size 1 upward, have a 14kN strength rating.
- Hot forged cam lobes to reduce weight
- TripleGrip lobes improve performance and reduce walking in all rock types. Contact areas are machined aluminium, giving better grip than anodised surfaces. These feature additional edges that catch on crystals and other micro features, helping the Dragon bite to increase grip and reduce walking. The lobes are also thickened, making them more robust under load, and highly resistant to bending forces.
- Original 13.75° camming angle
- 14kN in passive position (sizes 1-8)
- Fitted with extendable 8mm Dyneema slings
- Colour coded to help you make a speedy identification