The Edelrid Giga Jul is particularly light and simultaneously robust and abrasion resistant. This is made possible by a smart hybrid construction of aluminum and steel. The main body of the Giga Jul is made from particularly light aluminum. Parts which are at risk of wear (for example the friction channels) are made from robust stainless steel.
By moving the green slider, the Giga Jul is instantly transformed from an assisted braking tuber to a standard tuber.
Edelrid Giga Jul Belay Device Features:
- Small eyelet for releasing unit with a carabiner when bringing up your partner
- Suitable for 7.1 - 10.0 mm double and twin ropes
- Intelligent hybrid design: body made of ultra-light aluminum, areas susceptible to abrasion made of robust stainless steel
- Guide mode: simple and rapid abseiling and bringing up seconds plus comfortable belaying from a Station as a doubled rope
- Assisted braking guide mode: brake boost for catching falls in leader mode
- Rope can be paid out faster in assisted braking guide mode by holding the device in the “open” position with the thumb
- Weight: 100g