Women who run extra cold traditionally didn’t have many options when it came to insulated ski pants. You’d have either the dreadfully unflattering or the not-at-all stormproof. No, thanks. Now, with the Flylow Sphynx Bib, a highly technical bib pant for women lined with a toasty layer of thin micropuff insulation and ample pockets, you can stay warm and dry in all conditions and not look or feel like a triple wrapped burrito. It’s about time.
50% resort, 50% backcountry: Conditions dependent, you split your time pretty evenly between the ski resort and the backcountry, which means you need gear that's tough and waterproof enough for the pounding of tram laps and storm skiing inbounds but won't sweat out on a climb on those days you decide to earn your turns. Here, we opt for fabrics and features that do double duty, like jacket powder skirts you can zip out or bib pants made for versatile pursuits.
Flylow Sphynx Bib Features:
- Finish 2-layer hardshell fabric: Think of Inuitive’s Finish 2L like shark’s skin: It’s sleek, a little stretchy, and water glides right off of it. Apply that to a pair of ski pants and you get a strong 75-Denier fabric that’s ready for any weather conditions but also has a good amount of mobility and flexibility, you know, in case you need to twist or backflip on a whim.
- High Performance DWR: We dare you to go stand in a shower or the next rainstorm with your favorite Flylow jacket on. See how the water molecules roll off the shell fabric? That’s due to our high-performance Durable Water Repellent, a polymer coating added to fabric that makes it hydrophobic, meaning moisture beads up and rolls off, like marbles on glass.
- 10k/10k waterproof breathable membrane
- Spaceloft™ synthetic down insulation: SpaceLoft™ 40gm Synthetic Down Insulation was designed to maintain warmth in an extremely packable form and stay warm when wet where down may not be the best option
- Powder gaiters
- 6 pockets (including a reach-through kangaroo pocket on the bib)
- Jean-style back pockets
- Fully seam taped
- YKK zippers
- Average weight: 754g