The Tecnica Magma Mid GTX is designed to hike, run annd scramble in all types of technical mountain terrain. It delivers a new level of grip and protection in a lightweight, comfortable shoe. Premium upper materials offer water repellency and durability. Gore-Tex® liners provide the ultimate combination of waterproofness and breathability to ensure our shoes are both durable and comfortable anytime, anywhere. The last, midsole toe rocker and unique rounded toe shape have been carefully designed to enhance the Magma’s responsiveness, grip and fast acceleration and transition in technical terrains. The Magma sole is developed with the innovative VIBRAM® LITEBASE ™ technology and MEGAGRIP™ compound rubber. It wraps the upper in critical abrasion zones, providing grip, traction and durability not just underfoot, but also on the toe and sides – all without additional weight or bulk – and with no need for a conventional glued rubber rand.
Tecnica Magma Mid GTX Features:
- Perfect individual fit.
- All terrain grip and protection: The unique multi-traction outsole tread pattern, inspired by MTB enduro tire designs, made with Vibram® Litebase™ technology and Megagrip™ compound rubber, offers optimal grip on all surfaces and in both dry and wet conditions.
- Downhill performance and shock absorption.: The ultra-large heel shape provides great stability when hiking or running downhill and on technical traverses. Two rubber stability fins on each side of the back of the shoe provide an unparalleled level of braking on technical descents, including on scree, gravel or loose rocks.
- Micro-adjustment: Highly durable yet lightweight construction with a classic tongue design for a faster step-in, combined with an integrated lacing system for improved fit precision.
- Midfoot support: When muscles get tired during a long traverse or downhill section on rocky terrain, it’s crucial to have a shoe capable of supporting the midfoot to prevent ankle injuries. Unlike our other C.A.S. shoes, the Tecnica Magma is offered with a pre molded, cushioned EVA footbed that delivers a great, instant fit without requiring customization.
- No break-in time: No two feet are alike. For this reason, we believe that shoes should be able to adapt to the unique shape of each person’s feet. The option to customize our shoes makes it possible to dramatically reduce the time normally needed to break in a new pair of shoes. This also solves the majority of problems related to comfort, blistering and lack of precision.
- Shock absorption: High rebound compression molded EVA midsole to absorb heavy impact on descents, ESS shank to control torsion and rock plate to protect the forefoot against rough terrain. The 8 mm drop delivers excellent trail running performances.
- Upper: 1.6 mm Suede Leather
- Lining: Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort
- Outsole: Vibram® Megagrip™ Litebase™ XO SHIELD
- Midsole: Compression molded EVA with high rebound compound
- Footbed: Anatomical, Pre-Molded, EVA