Think of the Malone Jacket like your one-ski quiver, your favorite boards that do everything well. This jacket, made from Tactic 3-layer softshell, is light, stretchy, and breathable enough for a backcountry tour but still substantial enough for pounding laps at the resort. Stormy out? We made it with a quick-drying fabric that repels wind and sleet. If you’re going in the backcountry and don’t want extra weight, simply zip out the powder skirt.
50% inbounds/50% out-of-bounds: Conditions dependent, you split your time pretty evenly between the ski resort and the backcountry, which means you need gear that's tough and waterproof enough for the pounding of tram laps and storm skiing inbounds but won't sweat out on a climb on those days you decide to earn your turns. Here, we opt for fabrics and features that do double duty, like jacket powder skirts you can zip out or bib pants made for versatile pursuits.
Flylow Malone Jacket Features:
- Tactic 3-layer softshell fabric by Intuitive is a stretchy, supple 100-Denier softshell that moves with you on the mountain. Think ultra-waterproof but with pliable mobility for high-output activities. A jersey backing keeps it soft and warm.
- Jersey backing
- 20k/20k waterproof breathable membrane
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent)
- Fully seam taped
- 3 pockets outside, 2 pockets inside
- Removable powder skirt
- Helmet-compatible hood
- Pass pocket on lower sleeve
- No Bulk Cuffs
- YKK waterproof zippers
- Average weight: 604 grams20k/20k waterproof breathable membrane